All American Cheeseburger Ring
An American Classic!
Yield: 8 servings
COOK’S TIP: Time to ditch the drive thru and know what’s in it for your picky eaters!
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound lean (90%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 9 slices (3/4 ounce each) American cheese, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 dill pickle slices
- 3 large plum tomatoes
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Chop onion using a food chopper.
- In (10-in.) Skillet, cook ground beef with onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add ketchup, mustard and 5 of the cheese slices, cut up; stir until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on medium round stone or pizza pan with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in center.)
- Using a spoon, scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Top each scoop with pickle slice.
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.)
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Cut each of the remaining 4 cheese slices into 4 triangles. Arrange cheese triangles over top of ring.
- Slice tomatoes. Arrange tomato slices around inside center of ring.
- Slice lettuce into thin strands. Place in center of ring.
- Cut ring into 8 servings. Serve with additional ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 430, Fat 27 g, Sodium 1090 mg, Dietary Fiber 1 g