Are you looking for something unique, fun, delicious, and full of chocolate splendor this Valentine’s Day? Look no further — we have the perfect recipe to delight your sweetheart and your kids.
No matter what the occasion is, you can dress these bombs up. Just pick candies that will melt when the hot milk hits them. It’s so fun to watch them explode and see the marshmallows float to the top.
Adults will enjoy adding a little bourbon to these amazing chocolate bombs. Add your favorite brand of bourbon after they explode in the milk and stir. Don’t forget to keep this “adult” version away from the kiddos!
Hot Cocoa Bombs!
Cook’s Tip: You can dress these bombs up no matter the occasion. Just pick some candies that will melt when the hot milk hits. It’s so fun to watch them explode! Click on “How-To” video below.
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup red candy melts
- Colored sprinkles
- 1 shot bourbon (for adults only)
- Use the microwave to melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips until creamy, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add 1½ to two tablespoons of melted chocolate to each mini freezer bowl. Use the back of a spoon to spread along the walls half of the way up. Freeze until hardened, about 15 minutes. Repeat as necessary; you will have six chocolate cups in total.
- Reserve remaining chocolate.
- Place the mini bowls upside down onto parchment paper. Gently loosen by applying pressure to the top and sides until the chocolate is released.
- Microwave a microwave-safe plate until warm, about one minute. Place the six chocolate cups (one at a time) upside down to slightly melt and even out the rims. Then turn the chocolate cups upright.
- Add one tablespoon of hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and colored sprinkles to three of the cups.
- Warm the remaining chocolate. Lightly dip the three remaining cup rims into the warm chocolate.
- Create the chocolate bomb by placing the warmed chocolate cups on top of the cooler cups, pressing to seal each together.
- Melt white chocolate or candy to add a decorative drizzle on each chocolate bomb. Top with sprinkles. Allow to harden.
- To serve, place a chocolate bomb into a mug or glass. Carefully pour warmed milk over it. Watch everything inside float to the top like magic!
Watch our video here.