There’s nothing more indulgent than ordering Eggs Benedict for breakfast or brunch.
The flavor of luscious hollandaise sauce spooned over decadent poached eggs, savory thick-cut ham, and tomato slices, all served on a toasted English muffin, served with French press coffee and fresh fruit — this is my personal quintessential celebration food.
LUCIOUS HOLLANDAISE MADE FROM SCRATCH
Making this delightful breakfast/brunch at home with my Restaurant-Quality Eggs Benedict for Two is a cinch using an electric blender. The entire meal is on the table in less than 30 minutes! Did I mention the recipe is also a showstopper?
Restaurant-Quality Eggs Benedict for Two
Recipe by Rebecka Evans
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Small electric blender
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
3 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup melted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
For the Eggs:
2 English muffins, toasted
1 teaspoon butter (for muffins)
2 thick-cut ham slices
2 thick-cut tomato slices (large beefsteak tomatoes or heirloom work best)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon distilled vinegar
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a small blender container. Cover and blend for five seconds.
- Set the blender to high speed and pour the melted butter in a thin stream until the mixture thickens. Taste for seasoning. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- In a large sauce pot, boil two cups water. Turn off the heat and place the covered blender container with the hollandaise in the warm water until ready to serve. Stir right before serving!
- In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil. Add one teaspoon of vinegar to the water*, and swirl the water with the end of a spoon to create a vortex.
- Gently drop two eggs into the water. Cook 3-4 minutes, swirling the water over the eggs to cook evenly.
- Remove poached eggs from water and drain on paper towel.
- Toast the English muffins and spread with butter.
- Cook the ham slices for three minutes on each side. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the tomato slices in the same pan for three minutes each side
Build the Benedict:
- Place a toasted English muffin on a plate.
- Add the ham first, tomato slice, then the poached eggs.
- Stir the hollandaise sauce, then spoon over the tops.
*Adding vinegar to poaching water makes the whites firm even faster to prevent them from dispersing in the water.