Calling all homeowners who have too much stuff!
The DFW Chapter of the National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO) has the answer for one lucky homeowner to help with the dreaded garage cleanup. They are running a contest to find the messiest garage in the metroplex and help reclaim the space through a “Garage Glow-up” valued at up to $20,000.
“It can happen in any room in the house, but garages are particularly prone to organizational neglect – becoming an overwhelming catch-all for countless amounts of clutter,” said Debby Rogers, NAPO-DFW spokesperson. “We want to help one lucky person successfully jump that hurdle and restore a little order to their lives.”
The Garage Glow-up winner will receive a professional garage makeover, including the installation of shelves and bins from a team of professional organizers – an estimated value of up to $20,000 in products and services, including:
- Professional Organizers from NAPO-DFW will work with the garage owner to determine what stays and what goes. They’ll organize all remaining items and transform the space.
- California Closets will provide a shelving system for wrangling hoses, rakes, bikes, Etc.
- Junkluggers and Junk King will each haul off one truckload of unwanted items and discard, donate, or recycle them.
- Mi-Box Moving & Mobile Storage of Texas and IMS Relocation will provide mobile storage units to house belongings while sorting.
- Blackbird Box Company will provide boxes and packing materials to store and donate items.
Contest Timeline: Now – March 13 – DFW area homeowners visit www.NAPODFW.com to complete an entry form, agree to rules, and submit photos.
- March 17 — Three finalists will be selected by a committee of professional organizers.
- March 20–27 — The public votes on the three finalists to determine the winner via www.NAPODFW.com
- March 28 — The Winner is announced via Social Media.
- May 6 and May 7 — Garage Glow-up Days Throughout the contest period, NAPO-DFW will provide organizing tips and encouragement to all via https://www.instagram.com/napodfw/ or https://www.facebook.com/napodfw.
So what are you waiting for? Reclaim your space and enter now!