Recipes and photos courtesy of William Grant & Sons ~
Skip the cup of coffee and shake things up with an Espresso Tonic made with Fistful of Bourbon. A blend of five straight American bourbons (yep, that would make a fistful!) aged at least two years. Fistful of Bourbon is currently found exclusively in Texas. www.fistfulofbourbon.com
- 2 parts Fistful of Bourbon
- ¾ part Cold Brew Coffee
- ½ part Simple Syrup
- 2 parts Tonic Water
- Combine ingredients (except tonic) and shake well.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass.
- Top with tonic.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
A classic Irish Coffee featuring the world’s second largest Irish whiskey, Tullamore D.E.W. offers this caffeinated cocktail to celebrate National Coffee Day. Its unique blend of all three types of Irish whiskeys creates a taste that is three times smoother. www.tullamoredew.com
Irish Coffee (created by Tim Herlihy, National Tullamore D.E.W. Ambassador):
- 1 ½ parts Tullamore D.E.W. Original
- 1 ½ parts strongly brewed coffee (Tim’s Pick: any premium dark roast)
- ½ part sugar (Tim’s Pick: Demerara Sugar)
- Lightly whipped heavy cream
- Cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat a clear-stemmed glass with very hot water.
- Add the sugar and brewed coffee and stir well.
- Once sugar has melted, stir in the Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey.
- Gently whip the heavy cream by shaking it in a protein shaker with a blender ball – you want a still somewhat loose, not stiff consistency.
- Pour the cream over the back of a hot teaspoon to top the drink (and prevent cream from penetrating the top of the drink).
- Garnish with grated nutmeg or cinnamon for spicy finish.
William Grant & Sons, a family-owned distillery of award-winning spirits, and has graciously shared these two cocktails to celebrate National Coffee Day at home.