Photo by Jaimie Johnson ~
I love the taste of hot rolls with stuff in them, and I am sure your grandkids do, too. Especially when they can lick the spatula in the process! Bake this simple recipe with your grandkids. These Cinnamon Apple Bites pop with deliciousness from the first to last bite.
Cinnamon Apple Bites
Yield: 16 servings
Cooks Tip: For a cheesy breakfast treat, substitute the apple with real bacon bits and finely chopped onion and pepper for cinnamon. Yum!
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, chopped apple. and cinnamon. Mix.
- Unroll crescent dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on dough.
- Starting at the longest side, roll the dough and jelly roll-style.
- Press seam to seal.
- Cut into 16 slices using a serrated knife and sawing motion.
- Lay flat on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.