Texas winters can be pretty wild. It’s either dry and cold, or weirdly hot and humid. Either way, the heat or air conditioning does a number on my lips.
Protect your lips with this soothing lip gloss, easy to make right in your kitchen! With an ingredient that is a must for any fall and winter recipes, the gloss’s taste and scent will give you those cuddly cold-weather vibes!
Share this recipe with friends, or make a few as some sweet gifts for special occasions.
Maple Lip Gloss
- 1 teaspoon grated cocoa butter
- 1/4 teaspoon grated beeswax (you can source this from industrious neighbors or the local farmer’s market)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Combine the butter, beeswax, and oils. Gently heat until melted (stovetop or microwave is fine, just use caution with hot oils!).
- Once melted, add the maple syrup and vitamin E oil. Stir well.
- Pour into a small, clean container with a lid (sterilized baby food containers work wonderfully).
- Apply this light lip gloss alone, or over your favorite colors.
- The oils can last anywhere from six months to a year. Keep them cool and in sterilized containers.