4th of July Yumminess!!
Fun Flag Cake
- 1 pkg (16 oz) angel food cake mix
- 1 pkg (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-pint fresh raspberries
- 1-pint fresh blueberries
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into ungreased Large Baker, (9 X 13) spreading evenly.
- Bake on center rack in oven 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and the cracks feel dry and not sticky. (Cake should be firm to the touch; do not under-bake.)
- Carefully turn baker upside down onto Stackable Cooling Rack; or your favorite Cool completely. (Do not remove cake from baker.) This keeps the cake from sinking as it cools.
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake.
- Place raspberries and blueberries over cake to make a flag.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Serve with ice cream using an ice cream scoop if desired.
NOTE: If you would like you can substitute with yellow cake mix plus ingredients. Baking time from box should be followed for 9 X 13 . Skip step 5 but do let it completely cool before step 6.