Cooking with your Grandkids doesn’t have to mean pizza again! Make this fast and fresh meal in minutes in your favorite skillet.
Kids’ Quick & Easy Fajitas
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 oz chicken breast tenderloins
- ½ tbsp reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 mini bell peppers (any color)
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mild salsa
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ea. 8″ flour tortillas
- Put chicken into a medium bowl and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Place chicken in pre-heated skillet, medium high heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken, cover to keep warm.
- Slice stems off the peppers.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Cut the peppers into thin slices.
- Place the peppers and corn into the same skillet, cook for 5 minutes.
- Slice cooked chicken into smaller pieces and return to pan.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel. Microwave on HIGH for 30–60 seconds, or until they’re warm*.
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture into the centers of the tortillas.
- Serve with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
COOK’S TIP: *For Optimal Experience, Grandparent Participation Required!
Nutrition Per Serving:
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 680 mg
Carbohydrate 35 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 30 g