By Jaimie Johnson~
No matter your family’s brownie-consumption preference, you can have finger-lickin’ fun with the kiddos cranking out batches of these tasty treats!
Chef’s Tip: Box mixes are fine, but brownies are more divine when made from simple ingredients. Add mix-ins, dust with powdered sugar, or frost your brownies for even more good times.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1.5 cups Nutella
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 cup flour
MIX-IN IDEAS (optional, 1 cup total):
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter chips
- any type of nuts
TOPPINGS (optional, add after baking):
- strawberries sliced in half
- choice of candies
- chocolate frosting
- powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare either a brownie pan, brownie bite pan, or 9×13 pan.
- Melt Nutella in medium microwave safe bowl (30-45 seconds, or until melted).
- Add the eggs and egg yolk to the bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour. Use a scraper or spoon to mix; the batter will be thick.
- Optional: Fold in your mix-ins of choice.
- Pour batter into the baking pan or use a stainless-steel scoop for the brownie or bite pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out clean. Alternatively, the brownies should spring back to the touch.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before releasing from the pan.
- Optional: add toppings.
To serve, pile them up on a fun plate and devour!