This fun pull-apart pizza bread gets the kids cooking!
Servings: 12 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can, biscuit dough (16.3 oz)
- 4 tbsp, butter
- ¼ tsp, garlic powder
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup, grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups, pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the biscuit dough into 64 equally sized pieces. (Most biscuits have 8 in a can; cut each biscuit into quarters then cut again into little triangles.) Place into a large bowl.
- Place the butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Microwave until the butter melts, about 30 seconds. (To keep the butter from “popping” and making a mess, use a low temperature setting and check the butter every 15 seconds.)
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the dough triangles. Gently toss with your hands so they don’t stick.
- Place three triangles into the bottom of each well of a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Cut each pepperoni piece in half. Put four halves on top of each well.
- Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the wells.
- Place the remaining triangles — two per well — on top and gently press down. (The wells will not be full, but the dough will puff up as it bakes!)
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 16–20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for five minutes, then remove the monkey bread from the pan.
- Serve with pizza sauce.
Cook’s Tip: You can substitute the pepperoni with cooked sausage, veggies, or your other favorite pizza toppings. This yummy recipe freezes great, too! For more fun recipes, check out my blog at: http://tiny.cc/chefjamiekids