Carve Them and Roast the Seeds for a Nutritious Snack
Pumpkin seeds are good for you! Loaded with healthy fats, protein, zinc, iron, magnesium, and many more nutrients, they’re easy to make and great for snacking anytime!
This recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds has the right amount of sweetness and just enough cocoa to keep things interesting. Consider it your reward for scooping all that goop out of the pumpkins for the kiddos to carve.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pat them dry with paper towels)
- ½ tablespoon canola or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place the seeds in a small bowl. Toss with the oil and seasonings.
- Pour the seeds onto a sheet pan. Spread them into a single layer.
- Cook seeds in the oven for 25-30 minutes (stirring every 5-10 minutes), or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Store the seeds in a closed container at room temperature.
To serve, pile them up on a fun plate and devour!