Cooking with your Grandkids can be fun!
Pizza for dessert? Kids will have fun decorating this
All-American Pizza with fresh fruit!
Stars & Stripes Dessert Pizza
- 1-1/2 pkg (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon — 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Lemon-lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent dough into 3 long strips. Arrange dough on Rectangle Stone, pinching seams together to seal.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Zest lemon. Cut the lemon in half and juice the lemon. Mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over top crust with a Small Spreader.
- Hull the strawberries.
- Slice strawberries and bananas.
- Dip banana slices in lemon-lime soda to prevent browning.
- To assemble, arrange blueberries in a square in the upper left corner to represent stars.
- Make alternating rows of strawberries and bananas to represent stripes.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill up to 6 hours.
- To serve, cut into squares.
COOK’S TIP: Make this for any occasion, just switch up the fruit to match the season.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Carbohydrate 23 g
Protein 3 g
Sodium 270 mg
Fiber 2 g