A beautiful patch of lavender and chamomile grows in the garden awaiting a bountiful harvest as summer nears. Flowers draw us in, and we celebrate their fleeting beauty from time to time. As humans, we’ve been co-creating symbiotic relationships with these colorful blooms for centuries. From ancient Egyptian perfume making to medicinal herb production in European monasteries during the Middle Ages, we’ve been unlocking the power of flowers throughout history.
The process of growing, cutting, and making floral creations is one that helps us tune into a more wild and natural inner self. It requires some patience but is deeply rewarding in its ability to ease your mind, tend to the health of your body, and connect with an authentic kind of beauty that nature has to offer.
Brightening Chamomile and Lavender Facial Scrub Recipe
A gently exfoliating and hydrating scrub for all skin types. A simple regimen of twice a week will help to reveal the glowing, healthy skin you have underneath.
- 1 cup Apricot Kernel Oil
- 1/2 cup Chamomile flowers
- 1/2 cup Lavender flowers
- 1 tbsp chamomile (dried buds)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
- Combine the apricot kernel oil, chamomile, and lavender flowers in a small crockpot and warm the mixture on low for 2-4 hours depending on how potent you’d like your infusion to be.
- Once the oils have cooled to room temperature.
- Strain and discard the spent flowers.
- Slowly mix in the honey and sugar until all the oil is evenly incorporated.
- Pinch chamomile buds to loosen their fibers and add to the mixture.
- To finish, add your lavender and lemon essential oil drops, mix, and seal in an airtight container away from direct sunlight.
The finished product should store for up to 3 months. For optimal results, use this scrub to exfoliate and moisturize up to 2 times a week after washing your face.
Enjoy the “skin glow” that comes with this flower enriched facial scrub.